Child Care Assistance

Subsidized Child Care Program

The Office of Office of Public Assistance (PA) administers the Child Care program. This program pays for child care for eligible families who are working, attending school or training, or participating in the Ohio Works First Work Activity program. This program can not be used to look for work.  Payments are made directly to licensed child care centers and  certified providers.

Parents or caretakers who want to apply for subsidized child care may:

    1. Complete a paper application (click here for application) and return it by mail,
    2. Send an email requesting an application to
    3. Come to the agency to receive an application.
    4. Complete the application online here.
    5. Complete your Re-Determination Application here here.

Eligibility is based on the household’s situation, total income and family size. Generally, each family has a co-payment to contribute to their own child care expenses in addition to the subsidy paid by the program.

The document below shows the monthly gross income that a family may receive and be eligible for help to pay for child care at initial intake and ongoing eligibility. Fact Sheet.

Monthly Gross Income Table.


Want to be an In-Home Child Care Provider?
Applicants must:

•  Be at least 18 years of age

•  Have a High School Diploma or GED

•  Pass a thorough criminal and Children Services background check

•  Complete the application and license process

•  Pass an in-home inspection

•  Attend all required trainings

•  Manage the business according to the regulations established and explained in the certification process

•  Attend the required annual training

•  Fenced in yard with at least 360 square feet.

To apply to be an In-Home Child Care Provider (known as a Type B Provider), contact visit here.


For additional questions regarding the Child Care Program, you may contact

Searching for a childcare center? Visit here.